What You Can Expect with Rhinoplasty:
Rhinoplasty is surgery to reshape the nose. Changing the shape of the nose can be done for either cosmetic or functional reasons. Some types of changes that can be made by Dr. Paciorek are to make the nose:
- Change Shape of Tip or Bridge (lifting the tip can make people look younger, Tiplasty)
- Change Angle Between the Nose and Upper Lip
- Narrow the Nostrils
A common functional correction is to improve blocked airflow from a deviated (crooked) septum. The septum is the area of bone and cartilage separating the nostrils. This is called a Septoplasty.
Rhinoplasty Types: Open or Closed
- Open Rhinoplasty- incisions are made externally
- Closed Rhinoplasty- incisions are made internally
After your consultation with the doctor, a customized procedure and follow-up plan will be made for you. Dr. Paciorek uses a proprietary delicate touch method which will support your healing process. The surgical procedure will be done in our private in-office surgical suite with your own individual recovery area and nurse. Typically, a rhinoplasty takes between one and three hours.
After Your Procedure:
Once reshaped, a protective splint will be applied. Dr. Paciorek typically does not pack the nose which aids in patient comfort and recovery.
Our staff will care for you in our private recovery area and you will be able to leave the office through a separate exit. You will be assisted in your recovery process by our trained nurses and support staff. A typical follow-up routine may include:
- Going home the day of the surgery
- Check in with the Doctor 1 week after surgery
- You may be able to return to your normal schedule after 3-5 days. No physical activity for at least 2 weeks
- Changes will be noticeable right away and complete healing may take six months to a year
- Swelling can take some time to subside and depends on the extent of the procedure